ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

asp.net/mvc front end

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asp.net/mvc front end
    Posted: 15-January-2011 at 9:08pm
Has anyone tried asp.net 4.0 or mvc 3.0 as a front end to the Product Cart? I really like all the features of ProductCart but I need to change the front end to latest asp.net and take advantage of seo features.

Can ProductCart asp files work in a asp.net 4.0 project? Is it a n-tire app where the front end can make simple calls to return products, categories etc...?

HtB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2011 at 3:37am
I'd like to have this also. A mvc 3.0 front end. Maybe we can work in a team ?

Regards,
HtB
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2011 at 5:35am
The ASP.net discussion has been raised a few times here.

Early Impact's view (which I'm sure they will confirm) is that it requires a major re-write of the source code.

From my own knowledge you could certainly place an ASP.NET front end on the store and call information from the database but the 'engine room' that handles the orders would need to remain in ASP as it has many files that depend on each to make it work.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic