ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remove Google Checkout before Sign-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove Google Checkout before Sign-up
    Posted: 05-September-2007 at 10:35pm
I would like to remove the Google Checkout button which shows up on the View Cart page before the login page. I still want google checkout to be an option for payment but it would really help to remove it from that page and keep it on the pyament page closer to the end of the process.

Maybe someones tried it and it works for you.
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2007 at 2:34am

Unfortunately, this is against Google Checkout policy.  I wanted to do exactly the same thing on another of my websites (not productcart).  I received this email from Google :-

"I reviewed your page again and went through the whole customization process. This brought me to the registration page, where I'm asked for all the personal information, which is against Google Checkout badge policy. As mentioned before, Google Checkout buyers should be able to make purchases from you without having to sign in to your website first."

I guess its Google trying to nose their new payment system ahead of the competiton by promoting their checkout as a faster option.

Matt

Edited by mattprice - 06-September-2007 at 2:37am
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2007 at 2:42am
That's too bad, because for some odd reason I still can't even get google to report the order info back to PC like it should. I submitted a ticket so we'll see what happens. I just hate having to manually enter the customer info so i can process the shipments through fedex.
Thanks for the detailed answer from google. Too bad they're difficult.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2007 at 5:43pm

fidjiti,

Google was designed to be an “alternative” checkout option for those shoppers that want to hide their email address and/or want to keep their billing details private.  That is the main reason why Google wants the button available before the customer is asked to create a store account.  If you are concerned that the Google Checkout button is a bit too overbearing or confusing you may want to consider making your store's checkout button larger (the same size as the Google button).  It should be clear that Google is just an option, and there are still other checkout options available.  Let us know what you had in mind.

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2007 at 6:10pm
I don't mind people checking out with Google, it's just not reporting the orders I do get to PC. I may have something wrong with the permissions but I'll wait to address that until i get my version updated to 3.1. Then we can make sure it all runs smoothly. Thanks!  I just want to be able to ship it via the FedEx integration I have set up.

Edited by fidjiti - 11-September-2007 at 6:10pm
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2007 at 7:10pm

Hi fidjiti,

I was just trying to understand the original reason why you wanted to move the button.  Perhaps we can suggest another solution that aligns with Google's policy.  If you explain more about what you had in mind we will try to help.

As for the orders, we are quite sure the KB we sent you in your ticket will solve the problem, but let us know if it doesn’t.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic