ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying Custom Product from Admin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swaynewilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying Custom Product from Admin
    Posted: 14-September-2007 at 3:36pm
Here is something I need to do on occasion and I have not figured out
how to do it in ProductCart. We use ProductCart for our personalized
luggage tag business (and it works great for consumers). Here is the link
to the site: YourBagTag.com .
However, for some orders, we have to charge the customer to digitize
their logo. It is a one-time charge and is only applied to about 3% of our
customers. Is there anyway to add this charge in the "edit order" in the
admin console? ProductCart lets you apply all kinds of custom discounts
on the backend but it doesn't seem like I can do it for a custom charge. I
tried setting up a "custom" SKU but I don't want it showing up on the
store front. If I make it inactive, I can't apply it as a line item in the
order.

Suggestions?

Steve Wilson
YourBagTag.com
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2007 at 6:31pm
2 Ideas:
1. You could add an additional Product Option like the "text style" which could be something like "text or logo". You would tack on the $3 if they choose logo but if they choose text then the price stays the same. That's one option and a much less time consuming one for you in the back end. It's only 3% of orders now but still takes time. This way the customer already knows all of their fees upfront. You would just need a way for your customers to send the file. :)

2. I add a box and a free product with all of my orders and I haven't figured out a way to simply add it to their cart without having to manually add it to the back end. Very time consuming so I know what you're going through. One day. :) But I simply added a few items which are only visible in the admin and then i can always go in and edit the orders before i ship them to include those items. It's just a matter of adding a Hidden Category and then applying those products to that category. Then those items will never be seen. So you could do this by adding a category which is "Custom Fees" and add products like "$3 digitizing fee" to that category. Keep in mind when you add items via the back end it's pretty time consuming. Like 6-7 steps/pages. Edit Order>Add products>Search for product>click radio button>accept>click add to cart> then it's finally added to the order.
I wish there was a "add sku" field and "qty" next to it with the "add to order" button, instead of all of the other stuff we have to do. ;)  This is why I suggest doing the first option because it'll save you those dumb steps in the end.

I hope that made sense. Let me know if you have questions.
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
swaynewilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swaynewilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2007 at 11:15am
Thank you! I didn't realize I could have "hidden" catagories. This works perfectly for what I need to do.

Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic