ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you change the page title font color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you change the page title font color?
    Posted: 21-April-2009 at 7:59pm
How do you change the page title font color?

Help?

Plz?

Thx.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2009 at 8:10pm
In this file:
pc/pcstorefront.css

Look for this:

/* Style the page title */
 .pcMainTable h1 {
  background-color: #0066FF;
  font-size: 18px;
  font-weight: bold;
        color:#FFFFFF;
  margin: 0 0 5px 0;
  padding: 5px;
 }
The "color" reference refers to the font color.
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2009 at 1:53am
Thanks for the quick response.

i tried doing so, and the following message came up:

You are receiving this message because the system is not able to connect to the database. Please take the following steps:

(1) Reset permissions on the database file. The database file must have Read/Write access (MS Access).

(2) Make sure that the database connection string is correct. To test it, use the ProductCart Setup Wizard, even if you have already setup and activated the shopping cart. Consult the ProductCart User Guide for examples of connection strings that you may use with ProductCart.

(3) If you are using a DSN connection, make sure that the name of the connection is correct, and that it is pointing to the right file. To do so, you will have to check the settings on your Web server. Many Web hosting companies allow you to do this through an administration panel. In other cases, you will have to contact the hosting company.

(4) If you are using a MS SQL database, make sure that you can access the SQL server and that the user that is listed in your database connection strings has ownership rights on the database (it must be a database owner or "DBO"). For more information, please contact your Web hosting company.

i host with go daddy, and i was wondering how do i fix this. My website no longer shows up when i type in the address, and the website admin page doesnt load either.

I am a beginner at this, and m not used to changing things via go daddy. Thus detailed instructions would be very useful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2009 at 2:10am
Editing the CSS file would not result in a database connection error.  What else did you edit in the mean time?

Friends don't let friends host with Godaddy.  Hmmm, maybe I should have that in my signature.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2009 at 5:58am
Hi Peace,
   As Greg states, changing the CSS could not result in the store becoming unavailable.
My strong personal preference is to not use GoDaddy and certainly not to manage files. It's OK for individual files, but proper FTP access (which is available from them) is much preferred.
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2009 at 1:45pm

Sorry,  the  crash was noting to do with editing. It had something to do with godaddy.

In our file:
pc/pcstorefront.css

/* Style the page title */
    .pcMainTable h1 {
        background-color: #E5E5E5;
        font-size: 18px;
        font-weight: bold;
        margin: 0 0 5px 0;
        padding: 5px;

"Color"  below font weight is missing. how do I edit it?
I even added it to the script but the page still remains the same.
the text color isn't changing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2009 at 1:51pm
Just add the color reference as shown in the above example.
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2009 at 2:47pm
Thanks Greg, Hamish

That helped.
 Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic