ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upload Resize Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manabeads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upload Resize Problem
    Posted: 24-February-2015 at 11:16am
I have an older version of Product Cart (4.5 SP1) that I run on my not-very-visited website. I recently needed to change a product image and when I used the upload-resize feature, I got a 500 Error.

The only thing I can think of that has changed since my last update was passwords - on both the control panel and the database. However, everything else appears to be working just fine - leading me to believe I updated the passwords within the software properly.

I get the 500 Error on the uploadresizeb.asp file. 

Any ideas out there where I can look for a solution?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2015 at 11:44am

You would need to determine the underlying error.  That 500 error masks the real error. 

If you have a cooperative host, they might be able to help.  This is a procedure that one can follow:http://wiki.productcart.com/how_to/show_raw_errors and I actually have a different procedure that I use in my hosting environment.

Once you have the actual error, post it here, or submit a support request to Netsource.

manabeads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manabeads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2015 at 12:18pm
It looks like I am "Running classisc ASP applications on IIS7 and IIS8"

That sounds like an issue resulting from my old version of PC. I wonder if there is a work-around and I wonder what other files it may affect.  I've been poking around to see if everything is working OK and the only other place I've run into it is when I "exit" the control panel.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2015 at 12:58pm

ProductCart IS Classic ASP, but that is not the point.  The 500 error is masking something else.  The problem could be as simple as you ran out of disk space, that folder permissions have been lost, or that a server change has caused the Persits ASPJpeg + ASPUpload components to fail.

I've seen cases, for example, where the license key (stored in the Windows Registry) got fouled up and the upload process would choke.

Again, you need to simply follow through on my initial reply, and either come back here with a raw error message, or just get Netsource involved via a support plan. Someone with tech skills should be able to quickly get to the root of the error, and then decide how to overcome the issue.

manabeads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manabeads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2015 at 1:08pm
Thanks,  I followed my host's instructions for getting the raw error code, but the classic ASP info was all it yielded. And I am only somewhat tech savvy and wasn't able to follow through with the PC instructions. I'll look into it further later today and see if I can post a raw code to you here.  I appreciate the help so far. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic