ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Shipping Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonihah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Shipping Question
    Posted: 03-December-2011 at 10:17am
I am looking for a way to do the following:

Free Shipping on orders over $x BUT exclude a few items that are very heavy and large.  Is this possible?  

Thanks
RedLeafDev View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLeafDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2011 at 3:27pm
Do you have version 4? If so, have you looked into the Shiping Surcharge feature? I'm not sure how that works with free shipping.

For more info:

Or, we have done a customization that allows you to setup a custom shipping option by order weight.

Example: charge $5.00 for the first pound, then an additional $1 per pound on the next 9 pounds, then $0.50 per pound on all extra pounds over 9. If the order weighed 22 pounds, shipping would be calculated as follows: ($5 + ($1*9) + (.50*12))=$20.00.

This works similar to the "Incremental calculation based on order quantity" functionality only it is per pound and not per unit. So, it has a free shipping on orders over $ amount associated with it...

You could do this a bunch of different ways - there would be some customization involved I think...

Let me know if you want to chat about it.

Amy

Red Leaf Development

www.redleafdevelopment.com
RedLeafDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLeafDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2012 at 4:00pm
I found this thread and replied with some more thoughts on how to go about this: http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4856&PID=18936#18936
Red Leaf Development

www.redleafdevelopment.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic