ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

emails from server ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: emails from server ...
    Posted: 16-April-2007 at 4:32pm
ok, I am apologizing, this is and isn't related to PC;
I am doing the conversion / upgrade to V3, and along with that changing hosts etc.

So, of course my computer is hating me at this point.
I did something miraculously dumb and now have quadruplicate emails in my Outlook from my server.  Many of these are necessary to keep...at least until I know they are backed up... I believe they are now because I saved a copy pst to my external drive.

what has happened is duplicate personal folders in my list.  2 of them show the email folders, so I can keep one and discard one.

When I go to delete the other two, it tells me  that "the operation failed, object could not be found" and "set of folders can not be opened" so it doesn't even let me direct it to a pst or anything... it just remains there, totally inactive and empty.

This all happened as I responded to many emails / worked on my laptop while I was out of the office... I then tried to copy that over and update the current pst file...so the point I'm at is that I'm wanting to uninstall (I've already done this 2 times) and re-install.  At that point, I'd like to just upgrade to 07 office suite.  Oh did I mention that my CD drive also failed in all of this, good thing that is on warranty and on it's way to fix hopefully tomorrow!

my biggest question is this .
if I upgrade, I want to work from my old pst file without bringing in ALL of the emails on my server, yet ONLY get new emails... am I dreaming?

any help would be great, as these are the email address that work with all of my auto contact / site notifications and I've been told, the only time those will not work is during the actual conversion...which isn't a big deal since the site will be down at that time anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic