ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clear Recently Viewed Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St_Pierce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clear Recently Viewed Products
    Posted: 13-March-2010 at 12:28pm
Hi All,
I'm using "Recently Viewed Products" and if works fine except when I try and clear the list using the "Clear List" link at the bottom.  It clears the list and removes the recently viewed products window but if I refresh the page or change category, etc. the recently viewed products window re-appears.

It seems like it only removes it until header.asp is redisplayed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
St_Pierce
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2010 at 12:42pm
I've been having the same issue for over a year now.  Still at using 3.51.  I was told it is my Internet connection with Direcway.  Ironically I've noticed the same issue on the road using other connections.  I gave up on it, but still use this feature on my site.  It's not to important I guess.

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
St_Pierce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St_Pierce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2010 at 1:45pm
Hi Katharina,

Thanks for the reply...   I think it may be browser related since I did some testing with Google Chrome and it worked perfectly.  I going check some setting, etc. on IE to see if anything changes.  Give it a try with Chrome to see if you get the same results as I did.  I'll post any new findings.

Thanks again, 
St_Pierce
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2010 at 1:45pm
This seems like an issue with cached content. Please try clearing the cache in your browser.

See: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Edited by earlyimp - 13-March-2010 at 1:45pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2010 at 1:53pm
As I've said I gave up on it, since it is not a big issue to me.  Plus what does it do, if it fixes my computer and a customer has the same issue on hers/his?  Can't crawl into their computer.  LOL
I don't think it impacts the shopping experience of my customers.  None have ever said anything about it.  I bet those that do experience it just shake it off as ahhh well...
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
St_Pierce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St_Pierce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2010 at 2:00pm
You're right, not a big deal at all!  Thought it was strange and maybe someone had a quick fix for it.

earlyimp - thanks for the reply, I tried clearing the cache but nothing changed.
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2013 at 11:35am
I'm experiencing the same thing. And it could be pointing to a larger issue. It may be screwing up memory usage of the store and it actually disturbs the working on the control panel when I really want to get back to recently worked on products or I want the list removed so I can more easily click on other components on the right column. 

I want this fixed. and I expect Early Impact it's well overdue that you know what's wrong with the software and fix it.. It's been open since 2008. Don't you ?

Looking forward to a fix. 
ahuvainc@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic