ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coupon Filtering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coupon Filtering
    Posted: 26-November-2008 at 4:16pm
I would like to suggest that EI create an inverse filtering for coupons where coupons codes can EXCLUDE a product or category by INCLUDING it in the filter rather than exluding it from the filter.

Often times discount coupons are applied store-wide, but there seems to always be one or two products and or categories that you want to prevent the code applying to.

As it is now you have to INCLUDE the products you want the code to apply to which is asking a lot if you have many products and categories.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2008 at 11:32am
Hi,
  I've added this to our internal "wish list" for consideration.
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2008 at 6:37pm
Help Please!
I thought I could create a discount by category, apply it to other categories and it would calculate the quantity discount of all items ordered in all categories included.  Is this not the case?  I really don't want to have to create a coupon that the customer enters, I want it to calculate the total and give a discount based on the categories I selected.  I already told my customers about this since when I tested it, I thought it was working fine.

Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2008 at 5:19am
Hi Cindy,

Do you mean you want the discount to apply only to the categories you specify and not to the total order value?

Nigel
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2008 at 8:58am
Yes, the discount needed to be cumulative over several categories, or sub categories actually.

I actually found out how to do it.  I was able to create a hidden "wholesale only" category (I don't use wholesale accounts) and assign all the products I wanted quantity discounts for to that category as well as the category they were already in.  Then I applied a quantity discount to the new category.  The only problem is that the icon doesn't appear anywhere indicating the discount so I added html code to the description to show the savings.  Note, if you hide the category completely, you cannot apply the discount to it.

This is not really the best situation but it works for now.  Thanks to Greg Dinger for the help!Clap
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic