ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Merging Products of 1 Category to Another

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pringlezimring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merging Products of 1 Category to Another
    Posted: 31-March-2008 at 8:52pm

Is there a way to take all products of one category and reassign all of them into another category at one time. Right now I am opening up each one and reviewing their assigned categories and de-selecting the one I don't want anymore. When I am done with that, I'll be deleting that category all together.

Thanks.

katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2008 at 9:45pm
Yes, there is an easy way.  Go to manage categories, go into the category you want the items to be in.  Click on the link add items to category.  Next you will get a list of all items and you simply check mark those that you want to add.  I would have died along while ago without that feature for sure.

Katharina
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2008 at 4:26am
Hi,   Another really useful feature is the ability to export the  data from the database and then manipulate it as a spreadsheet & then reimport it. Great for those circumstances where there is no easy way to carry out the mass change from within the admin panels. 
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2008 at 5:21am

If it is simply a case of moving all products from one category to another then the Global Changes feature under the Products menu could be the answer.

From memory I dont think that this feature actually moves products between categories it simply copies the products to other categories.  There are plenty of other mass changes you can make under this feature to pinpoint products with speficic attributes.  Use it with care however.  Get it wrong and you can end up with products all over the place.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic