ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Required Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoneyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Required Login
    Posted: 12-April-2008 at 4:39am
In my industry, pricing is cutthroat and key to acquiring and retaining customers. Pricing is generally negotiated before an order is ever placed, and competitors are always attempting to poach customers by investigating competitor's pricing.

Is there a way to set ProductCart to require Login before a user can gain access to view any products?

Or, is there a way to hide prices on the site until a customer has logged in?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2008 at 9:17am

Sure.  Set everything as wholesale pricing and the retail prices at zero.  Then only customers who log in as wholesalers, and you control who that is, see prices.  Everyone else sees 0 price.

Then with a custom mod from a developer, if you want, the whole store can be login only.  But that prevents spiders from indexing content if that matters to you.

gmoneyreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoneyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2008 at 2:37pm
Thanks, Greg, for your quick response.

I will also be setting  up a number of pricing tiers (or categories) and assigning customers to them based on specific criteria. Will the "wholesale" price setting you offered affect these categories?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2008 at 2:47pm
I'd encourage you to read the manual, starting at page 191-196, for a full understanding of how discounts are applied.
gmoneyreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoneyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2008 at 3:19pm
Thanks again, Greg. I actually see now that the "Wholesale" option is also supported by Pricing Categories.

Next up is modifying the store to require login...

andi.magill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andi.magill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2008 at 11:52am
We have done this slightly differently see www.seventilmidnight.co.uk
you have to pre-register and only when we set you as a wholesale customer can you view pricing.
Just doin the do!
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2008 at 12:04pm
Great site Andi,

I'll be honest though... I was'nt that interested in the pricing.
gmoneyreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoneyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2008 at 2:06pm
Just what I was looking for, Andi.
Did you accomplish this in the way that was described in the above posts?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic