ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show Dimensions on Invoice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Dimensions on Invoice
    Posted: 20-October-2008 at 1:46pm

We need the dimensions of each package to show on the ProductCart Invoice.  The weight shows, but not the package dimensions.  Any ideas on how we could do this?  Thanks!

Edited by loracady - 20-October-2008 at 1:47pm
www.TheSleepShop.com
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2008 at 8:46pm
Hi Loracady,
  Do you mean the package size of each product, or each shipping package (e.g. may do a combination/all of products in the order? - Or perhaps just the  these, then I can't see a soution as you won't know the dimensions set for "Oversized products"?

If it's for combinations then I don't think there will be any meaningful way of achieving it.
If it's for each product with dimensions available then it would involve some custom coding.

loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2008 at 2:32pm
Hi Hamish- Thanks for your reply.  I would like just the product dimensions (not combinations of products.)  It isn't a major issue- probably not something worth paying for custom coding.  I thought if it was something relatively easy to do, I would do it.  We don't use productcart for shipping via FedEx.  We use QuickBooks, instead.  We always put in the product dimensions, since we ship fairly oversized packages (bed frames).
www.TheSleepShop.com
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 5:02am
Hi Loracady,

As a simple solution that doesn't involve any custom coding you could include the dimensions in the description or even the sku.

Nigel
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 11:06am
Hi Nigel-  I think that is a very workable solution.  I may try that.  Thanks!
www.TheSleepShop.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic