ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

internal server error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksbrzoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: internal server error
    Posted: 15-February-2007 at 2:01pm
We are sometimes getting the message "internal server error" when going through the store.  When it happens, it seem to happen with a whole category.  It will display the message, then try to load the page, sometimes doing eventually, sometimes not.  The store is also pretty slow.  Is there anything in particular that could be causing these two issues?
Thanks so much
doofah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doofah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 10:26am
Hi, I discovered the same problem on http://www.chic-argo.co.ukwhen browsing categories.

The solution? 

Go to your admin panel:

Click Settings -> Store Settings
Go to the Miscellaneous tab
Turn Search and product preview features....  SET TO OFF

Regards

Curt
http://www.mayburyit.co.uk
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 10:38am
H ksbrzoz, I'd suggest raising a ticket with Early Impact. It will be useful to them to know if the suggestion from Curt helps. Hopefully a solution will be available to both of you which will remove the need to lose some functionality. 
ksbrzoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksbrzoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 11:49am
Thanks for the suggestion. I made that change and will see if it helps.
I did actually put in a ticket a while back, but PC couldn't find anything other than to suggest trying another hosting company. Thanks
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 11:59am
If it's due to site/database performance and your site doesn't contain huge, huge numbers of products & categories then I'd say their suggestion is a good one. There are sites out there with very large numbers, 20,000+ products & 100's of categories that run OK on the software & with an SQL DB.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 12:52pm
ksbrzoz, open a ticket and ask for "XHConn.js".  The new file hides the error caused by the browser.
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2008 at 4:12pm
If everything else with productcart is ok then the finger would point at your hosting company.

I have many clients running Productcart - some host with me and some don't. None have ever had to turn off the search and product preview features to improve performance.

Earlier this year some of the sites I host for my clients on my own server started runnig slowly in a similar to what you have described. After eliminating all other possible problems I was left with the server being the mosty likely cause. It was a windows server and the slow response only affected sites runing asp (obviously this included the sites running productcart).

My hosting company agreed to give me a new dedicated server and after moving the sites over the problem disappeared. All the productcart sites that were experiencing slow response times now run very fast and very efficiently.

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic