ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customer Pricing vs. Wholesale Pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customer Pricing vs. Wholesale Pricing
    Posted: 13-January-2009 at 2:12pm
Is it possible to set my store where only wholesalers see prices? Everyone else can see the Standard and BTO Products, customize the products, and submit a quote --- but no prices are ever seen.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 2:19pm
yes, just make sure the retail prices are zero. 
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 2:21pm

I already have prices in for the retail, because hopefully this will be a full web store with pricing and all soon. We just want to get the website live to help work through any issues that arise before prices go on. In the meantime, wholesalers will be able to access their pricing. Is there a way to show the pricing without changing all retail/online prices to "0"?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 2:29pm

A solution to this and several of your recent questions might simply be to edit the code.  Add some temporary logic to check the retail flag, and when true, don't show the price.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 2:57pm
Hi Nas,
    Another option that avoids code, but needs more care is to export the product data - SKU, Name, retail price.
Then use the global update to set all the retail prices to zero.
When you are ready to show retail prices re-import them.
Be careful about updates to the products in the interim period.
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 3:02pm
Thanks Hamish, I was just considering this option when you posted it. I have already discovered how careful you have to be reimporting items, so I was hoping to avoid the export/import option.
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 3:10pm

We might go with the global change to set all Online Prices to "0". When we are ready to have the Online Prices seen, do another global change where we configure the Online Price from the Cost. This avoids the import/export issues that could arise.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 3:23pm
Then consider a carefully documented code modification so you can leave your data intact and just hide it temporarily.
nas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 3:32pm
I personally don't know anything about the coding. I will look into this though. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic