ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gift Registry Frustration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannondoan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gift Registry Frustration
    Posted: 02-January-2009 at 5:30pm

The way the gift registry currently works, a person can not shop off of a person's registry and then also add something that is not on the registry to the same order.  So, if Jane wants to buy a bunch of stuff off of Sally's registry, and also buy some things for herself, she has to place a separate order.  Or if she wants to also get something for Sally that is not on her registry, she can't do that either, unless she places a separate order.  This is a real impediment to sales- gift registries are not just a service to customers, but also good advertising to potential customers.  I hope that as people shop off a friend's registry, they see items they might want for themselves!

I also just had a problem where the lady placed the gift order, paid for it by paypal and completed the checkout process.  Then she went back and immediately placed a second order for herself, and it wouldn't let her checkout, saying it was a duplicate order.  In the control panel, I could see the second order as an incomplete order.  But I received a paypal payment for the first order, but no order associated with it.

Anyway, I get more complaints about this from customers than anything else.  And my explanation/apology to them sounds hollow.  They can't comprehend why they can't buy stuff for themselves and stuff for a friend on the same order.  I don't really understand why either- I initially thought this was a bug in the cart and submitted a ticket- but learned that it is just the way the cart operates.  Wondering how people address this issue with their customers- what kind of positive spin/benefit to customers can we put on this?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2009 at 6:18pm
Hi Shannondoan,
   Regarding the issue of the missing order please raise a ticket at : https://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/support_form.asp
so that it can be properly investigated, with as much detail about it as you have.
Obviously this is something that should never occur.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic