ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I really only have 2 option groups?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullinsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I really only have 2 option groups?
    Posted: 11-January-2006 at 2:29pm
I want to sell t-shirts and allow the customer to select 'style of shirt' 'colour' and 'size' 

I need 3 option groups per product basically, and yes I have Apparel add-on. I can't for the life in me see how this can be done.

I am having sleepless nights, help me guys!

yours,
-a very confused limey.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 2:36pm
Unfortunately, the standard version of ProductCart (and the Apparal Add-on) only supports 2 Option Groups per product.  This is a structural limitation that has been there since the beginning. If your budget allows, you could move to the Build-to-Order version of the product, which contains a very sophisticated product configurator.

http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/build_to_order/produc t-configurator.asp

We also support 3 Custom Input Fields per product, but they cannot be dropdown menus and cannot have a price associated with them.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
mullinsr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullinsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 2:42pm
I did consider BTO early on but does it work exactly like Product Cart in the way the customer can select an option and then instantly have the product image change to reflect the the selection?

As you can imagine having the garment change colour is a massive boost to sales in my opinion.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 6:24pm

We have just added the capability to use the Apparel features on a 'Build-to-Order' product.  It's brand new, so I beleive there is only one store that has implemented it so far.  You can see a customized example here:

http://www.teamcrewwest.com/catalog/pc/cwconfigurePrd.asp?id product=248

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic