ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automated Paypal Money Requests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automated Paypal Money Requests
    Posted: 24-August-2007 at 2:03pm
When a customer chooses to pay with a Paypal option, can Productcart automatically send out a payment request to the customer?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2007 at 3:37pm

With PayPal Website Payments Standard the customer leaves the store to pay with their PayPal account and then returns to the store for their order confirmation.

With PayPal Website Payments Pro the customer doesn’t leave the store and pays with a credit card.

With PayPal Express Checkout the customer leaves the store to select a payment option in PayPal, but then returns to complete their order at your store.

A Payment Request is something sent by email and isn’t effective so it’s not typically included with an ecommerce package.  In other words, it’s not available because there is no need for it.  Let me know if I misunderstood the question.

Espressotec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2007 at 8:20pm

Well we don't want anything automated since we would like to check the order first. 

I guess we must do it manually.  Thanks for the quick reply though

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2007 at 8:31pm

Again, you don't need to send "payment requests" (manually or automatically).  Customers want to pay at the time of purchase, so let them.  Just verify the funds in your PayPal account before you ship.  So we recommend...

- PayPal Standard

- PayPal Website Payments Pro

- Not, payment requests

Let us know if you have any questions about using these options. They should definitely work out better for you

Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2007 at 10:19pm

Espresso, not sure but perhaps this will help.

When setting up PayPal, you can set this to 1st only "Authorize" the customers charge as they checkout, then you can do the final "Capture" of the funds after you have examined the order details.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2007 at 11:08pm

Stuck, good point!

Espresso, Authorization allows you to verify the customer has the funds at the time of purchase. Then you can review the order before issuing the capture (which actually transfers the money to your account).  Just note you need PayPal Website Payments Pro to use these options.  In v3.1 you will be able to capture, refund, void, and batch process PayPal Website Payments Pro orders all from within your ProductCart control panel. We have also added a Risk Management section for PayPal that displays information about the transaction and customer that will help you decide if it’s a real order. V3.1 will be available in just weeks, but I don’t have an exact date.

Jackalope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2007 at 1:47am

Matt,

Now you've got me concerned with that last sentence "V3.1 will be available in just weeks, but I don’t have an exact date." I've been holding off launching our site until we can incorporate our design into V3.1. I'm up to 29 modified .asp files and I want to make sure all of the changes/additions are incorporated into the V3.1 files. I would hate to go live with the site and then have to turn around a week or two later and redo it because of V3.1 being released. Maybe you could start a thread "V3.1 Release Status" so those of us eager to use the new version would have a better understanding of your schedule.

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2007 at 3:49am

I'm using a stable beta of 3.1 now.  It may be worth asking.

cheers

Mark

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2007 at 5:02pm
We plan on making 3.1 available the week after Labor Day (first week of September).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Espressotec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espressotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2007 at 1:44pm
Thanks so much, I will see which option is best suited for our needs but the info was amazing. Once again thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic