ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reward Points - General Improvements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reward Points - General Improvements
    Posted: 03-February-2006 at 3:45am
I am begining the process of reveiwing best practices in frequent buyer programs.

Here is my start of options that would be nice, right now in no particular order of importance or usefulness but all have been used by some large successful sites.

include and exclude products for either earning or using. Right now as I understand it I can manually edit a product to reduce or elimate the frequent user points. But I would like to be able to do it by category.

Allow redemption (major forum request - spell check please) on only selected products. Some popular items I have a high margin on and giving them away withthe redemption of reward points would be a lot less painless than ones that I carry as a convience to my customers with a very small margin. Currently in some case a $1 redemption may cost me anywhere from 0.30 to 0.80.

Also just having selected products would allow emailing with product offering updates.  A great reason to email, "you can now get these new 4 great products free if you have 500 or more frequent buyer points"

This brings up how email authorization is handled.  Right now everyone ordering gets frequent buyer points. I would like to award or not based on email authorization.  While we do not abuse it, 6 times in 4 years so far, we reserve the right to email all of our customers, (allowing easy and many means to opt out) for promotional issues.

Even better to provide an option to email buyers with over x frequent buyer points.

Depending on how generous the point reward is, I might want to force reclying them on a specific date. ie they expire at the end of the year.  ( otherwise I have to carry them on the books forever as a liability, there is some disagreement on this point) Plus it would provide me a way to drive sales at a particluar time of year.  A nice use it or lose it email at the end of a annual slow period might make a big difference in over all sales levels.

I have not really looked in to the reporting section but knowing what the total outstanding dollar value of reward points is critical.

While I am at it how about allowing excluding shipping costs?

I think that is enough for now

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic