ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Order BTO items by price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k5l7v9l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order BTO items by price
    Posted: 24-October-2007 at 8:57am
At the moment the shopping cart automatically places selectable items within a BTO category by alphabetical order, I wish to change this so that it orders BTO products by price, how do I go about doing this? At the moment I have to do this manually by putting a number in the field box on the left to put the products in order, this takes a lot of time as I regularly add and remove BTO products. If anyone knows how to tweak this or can offer to mod the cart for a charge please let me know.
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2007 at 11:00am
I'm sure you have already seen this option, but the you can globally sort the product by price in the "Display" section of the control panel.
k5l7v9l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k5l7v9l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 9:43am
I still haven't managed to find out how to get this simple tweak done, any ideas someone? The last suggestion didn't help as that doesn't relate to the order the BTO items are ordered...
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 10:15am
Hi,
   Do you mean order the BTO ITEMS (within a BTO product) - In which case it's "order" on the right of the page. The default is just the order you add the BTO items to the product.

If you mean products within a category then that is controlled globally from the "Settings > Display setting" or can be managed individually via "Manage Categories" and then selecting "Products" for the category you wish to control the display order and the order column is shown on the right.

k5l7v9l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k5l7v9l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2009 at 7:27pm
Thanks for your help, that's not quite what I was referring to. If you click Configure for one of the BTO products, then you can see categories, e.g. CPU, motherboard, memory and each category has products added to it, such as 2GB or 4GB RAM with an order field next to them. By default these products are ordered by name, I want them to be in order of price without having to fill in the order field as it's too time consuming for my particular use. I've tried all the ProductCart settings, they don't relate to that...
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2009 at 8:48pm
Hi,  I'm sure that will involve a custom code change, to make it the default and I suspect it will be a very minor change. The code will almost certainly be in pc/configurePrdCode.asp and you will be looking for the ORDER in the SQL statements. I don't have the code to hand right now as I'm not on my usual PC

k5l7v9l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k5l7v9l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2010 at 1:43pm
Yey I found the solution today! Just thought other BTO users would be interested as it's useful to have the BTO customisation options in order of price by default...rather than sorted by name and then having to change the display order for each BTO product...its in configureprodcode file...and you need to find this section (there's 2 of them, one for reconfigure page too):

query="SELECT categories.idCategory, categories.categoryDesc, configSpec_products.multiSelect,products.pcprod_qtyvalidate,products.pcprod_minimumqty,products.idproduct, products.weight, products.description, configSpec_products.prdSort, configSpec_products.price, configSpec_products.Wprice, configSpec_products.showInfo, configSpec_products.cdefault, configSpec_products.requiredCategory, configSpec_products.displayQF,configSpec_products.pcConfPro_ShowDesc,configSpec_products.pcConfPro_ShowImg,configSpec_products.pcConfPro_ImgWidth,configSpec_products.pcConfPro_ShowSKU,products.sku,products.smallImageUrl,products.stock,products.noStock, products.pcProd_BackOrder, products.pcProd_ShipNDays,products.pcprod_minimumqty,configSpec_Products.pcConfPro_UseRadio,products.pcProd_multiQty,products.details,products.sDesc,configSpec_products.Notes FROM categories INNER JOIN (products INNER JOIN configSpec_products ON (products.idproduct=configSpec_products.configProduct AND products.active<>0 AND products.removed=0" & tmpquery & ")) ON categories.idCategory = configSpec_products.configProductCategory WHERE configSpec_products.specProduct="&pIdProduct&" ORDER BY configSpec_products.catSort, categories.idCategory, configSpec_products.prdSort,products.description;"

Just change the last variable products.description to products.price
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic