ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gift Cards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gift Cards
    Posted: 30-November-2007 at 2:32pm
It's holiday seaon and I finally got around to adding gift cards to my site, but after spending three solid days on it I have a ton of suggestions.

1. Add Gift Card Value Options so admins don't have to create a new gift card for every gift card value. Less products is better! You can add options but they do not add value to the Certificate Code.

2. Add "Electronic Certificate" vs. "Physical Gift Card + Electronic" option to customer - currently there is an admin option for electronic only but it is more related to shipping which leads to the next suggestion.

3. Add a true "FREE Freight" admin option that still allows the customer to select a different service such as Next Day Air, AND.... make the FREE Freight forfeited when other products are in the cart at purchase.  Currently there is a  "No Freight" admin option but it cause PC to skips the freight page and leaves the customer without any upgrade shipping options. Yes, it is possible to creat an automatically applied "free freight" discount code but the code applies its self to ALL items in the cart. If anything, FIX the discount code to only apply to the specific filtered product and NOT for the entire cart.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2007 at 9:05am

Thanks for the suggestions! We've added them to our feature tracking system.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Sarah G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2007 at 9:47am
I can't wait  to see this feature.  The lack of value option , totally confuses my customers and causes me a lot of extra work on the back end to correct.  If a customer orders $50.00 I end up with 10 $5 gift codes that I have to merge and resend as one unit.  Not extremely professional. 

Thanks for considering this option.

Sarah
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2007 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Sarah G Sarah G wrote:

I can't wait  to see this feature.  The lack of value option , totally confuses my customers and causes me a lot of extra work on the back end to correct.  If a customer orders $50.00 I end up with 10 $5 gift codes that I have to merge and resend as one unit.  Not extremely professional. 

Thanks for considering this option.

To work around this you will need to do as I did and create a new product for each value. It looks really cluttered, but it saves you from doing the admin work.

M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2007 at 10:26am
EI, is there a way to edit the e-mail generator with HTML code so that we can dress up the certificate code?

rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 2:54am
Originally posted by M Robles M Robles wrote:

EI, is there a way to edit the e-mail generator with HTML code so that we can dress up the certificate code?

I would love to know how to do this..it's one of the last little pieces that I need to get in-line with our branding. :)
Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 3:04am
We have a development under way.  It's not done, and I'd rather not get into the details yet, but I believe there may be general interest in what we are doing.  More news on this soon.
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 3:09am
Awesome. Thanks Greg...can't wait to see what you do!
Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic