ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

displaying data bases on customer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: displaying data bases on customer
    Posted: 27-February-2006 at 11:23am

Trying to display certain data (pricing, etc)  on the viewprd.asp base on the customer and the product.

here is what i have so far

if session("idcustomer")=1200 then

'display data here

end if

I need help adding in the and idproduct= or idcategory= part of it.  Any input will be appreciated.

watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2006 at 4:13am
I may be way off base but have you tried just pasting all of the the code for the display part of the form between your if and end if? I don't code but here is my guess.

if session("idcustomer")=1200 then

<-- start form-->

paste all of the form code here

<!-- end of ordering options and add to cart button -->

end if

Really not sure where you put your end if but, that is a guess. Maybe someone that actually knows asp will try to answer.

dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2006 at 9:05am

That part of it works.  I need to add the part about the product into this though.

Example would be if the customer is xyz company and the product is a sku: tt33, then display a certain price.

Edited by dwatch - 02-March-2006 at 9:08am
watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2006 at 4:38pm
I am not sure what you are asking,

Do you have a different pricing structure for each customer?
I think you would need a new price column in the database for each customer or customer class. Then replace standardprice variable pPrice=rs("price") with newprice variable name.

For another example look for the code where the cart displays wholesale price based on the customer class of wholesale.
dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2006 at 5:00pm

John,

Right, another field in the database would be useful.  I can handle that part.  the part I need help with is the exact coding that would state if the customer is xyz company and the product is a sku: tt33, then display that new price field.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic