ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QuickBooks and BTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QuickBooks and BTO
    Posted: 02-April-2008 at 2:38pm
Can someone explain to me how QB receives an order from a BTO product? Are the options brought in as notes under the parent? How is the inventory handled for a BTO item?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2008 at 2:51pm

Hi carstone,

Are you asking about the current Add-on, or are you asking how it will be done in the new Add-on (currently in development).

You have the opportunity now to tell us how you would like BTO to be handled (e.g. how you need it to work for your business).

We have not built the BTO component of the new system yet.  However, I can tell you that we plan to fully support BTO products and items in as much detail as possible.

In the new system QB will receive orders via a tool called the Web Connector.   It is a tool that is installed on your pc and talks with ProductCart according to a schedule.

knifepro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2008 at 9:03pm

I have only been using ProductCart for about a month. I don't have the current QuickBooks Add-On for ProductCart so I am not sure how the program works. I did read the QuickBooks Add-On directions and I have read this forum.

I moved my site from a cart called Aceflex. AceFlex did not have a QuickBooks program so I used a product called Shopping Cart Assistant from writeitonce.com. Basically you copy the text of an order by press CTRL A and CTRL C and transfer it to the program. You then transfer the orders to QuickBooks. The program enters the customers and invoices but not ITEMS. If an Item was not in Quickbooks then you had to enter the item and then re-transfer that order. Not really a problem since it showed you an error for the orders not imported.

To get back to the question:

1. Customer Transfer: Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Payment Information (Card Number and Expiration date for user that use offline processing).

2. Inventory Transfer: Being able to import the ProductCart Inventory and the QuickBooks item list the same.

3. Creation of Sales receipts or Invoices from orders.

4. Tracking number post back to invoice or sales receipt after item ships.

Edited by knifepro - 03-April-2008 at 9:05pm
Brian

brian@theknifeprofessional.com
brian@heartlandbraidedrugs.com
www.theknifeprofessional.com
www.heartlandbraidedrugs.com
ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
CardinalArmory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CardinalArmory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2008 at 11:39pm
Wow,

After a great start with ProductCart (v3.11), I am very disappointed with the QuickBooks Add-On.

I am using QB2007 Premier for Mfg/Dist, and the QB Add-On doesn't support assemblies.  I edited the .iif file by hand and got all the products synchronized, but appears to be wasted effort.

I have ProductCart BTO v3.11 and right now the QB Add-On does basically nothing.  I was EXPECTING to see the individual line items in the BTO item list so that my bookkeeper didn't have to enter each one... nope, it just gives a single line with the total price. No help keeping inventory up-too-date with that.

I also created a "Handling" Item in QB to map exactly to "Handling Fees" in PC, set up the mapping, and it does not comes across in the qbinvoice.iif file that PC generates.  Shipping comes across, but not handling.

I had high hopes that ProductCart would make life easier and faster for my bookkeeper/admin, but as of now it does basically nothing.  Every order has to be edited so much that she may as well start from scratch.

Is the newer version coming soon enough that I should wait?  Will it address the BTO problem?

Does anyone have any idea why "handling" is not being added to the qbinvoice.iif, even though the mapping has been done?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 4:17am
Hi CardinalArmory,
   There is a new QB add-on in development - so now is a great opportunity to have your say about what you want to be available in it. Check for the post about it and add your requirements to the list.
Everything you have put here would be a useful thing to have in the new version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic