ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making a field non-searchable??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2008 at 7:30pm
Ill give it a try... does anything need to be done to inc_srcPrdQuery.asp ?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2008 at 7:40pm
Hi,
   There is identical code in there as well, so I would say so.
nathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2008 at 8:12pm
When both files are Mod... search goes from 25 to 3 sec!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2008 at 8:28pm
Cool!!! Big%20smile
Is that a comparison of the new patch with the modified new patch?

I was expecting that there would probably be more modifications required to cut back the search code even further. Smaller changes are great as there is less to modify when new versions are released.

Do you have the AJAX enabled so that it calculates the number of hits as you type the search options in?  If so, is the number correct?

Qwijybo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qwijybo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 2:40pm
To eliminate the details from being searched I edited the parts of the code dealing with adding the string tmpSQL to strSQL. There are two locations in viewsearchresults.asp that need editing.

I commented these two lines then copied the first line and changed the variable to tmpSQL2. Search for "strSQL=strSQL & tmpSQL" and make the following edits.

' EDIT strSQL=strSQL & tmpSQL
 ' EDIT strSQL=strSQL & " OR " & tmpSQL2
  strSQL=strSQL & tmpSQL2

The ' is all you need. I put in ' EDIT so I can search qucikly and easily for any edits I have made to the code.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 3:23pm
Hi Qwijybo,
     That's pretty similar to my "fix" - Your just leaving one extra field in  place (the short description).

Personally I always use an unusual word, usually the client companies name or sometimes "Hamish" to flag areas of amended code as searching for all occurances of a word such as edit gives to many hits in the full source code.

Please let us know the comparative improvement in your search times, natan had a very great improvement & it would be nice to see some other figures as well.
nathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Hamish Hamish wrote:

Cool!!! Big%20smile
Is that a comparison of the new patch with the modified new patch?

I was expecting that there would probably be more modifications required to cut back the search code even further. Smaller changes are great as there is less to modify when new versions are released.

Do you have the AJAX enabled so that it calculates the number of hits as you type the search options in?  If so, is the number correct?

Ajax is enabled and displays the correct search number!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic