ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with customized product. Thx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S 0 n Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with customized product. Thx
    Posted: 23-May-2008 at 10:42am
How many custom fields can be added with the new product cart?

I am wanting to create a new product in my product cart, once the customer pays for the product, i want the customer to then be directed to a new page or in product cart, fields to appear where they can type in information about what their ordering, and then want the information they typed to be stored in a database in paradox or access. Also I would like their name and address fields to be auto generated based on what was typed in their product cart registration.. Can someone tell me how easy or hard product cart can handle this because i have 0% knowledge on how to do this with product cart, any examples or coding or anything will be much appreciated! thanks everyone.

Edited by S 0 n Y - 23-May-2008 at 10:46am
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 11:30am
Hi SOnY,

On the order page there is a text box for customers to fill in any additional info they want to send you. It's an optional filed, but it's possible to make it a required field.
Checkout requires them to be logged in and their registered address details are automatically populated in the order.

- I'm not sure I fully understood your needs here, is the DB you want to populate outside of Product Cart - say on a PC in the office? If so you can extract the data using XML, custom data exports, or  scrape the info from the order emails.

S 0 n Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S 0 n Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 11:47am
Yes the DB will be populated outside of product cart, if i can create a text file or any kind of file really with the information i can then import it to a DB program which would work too, my main problem is making enough customer fields on my product page and once they fill it out i need to make sure its saved somewhere, where i can get the information from Productcart to a DB. Also i want to make sure the person credit card is charged and approved before they can get actually type anything, this way i dont get peoples information when there card gets declined.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 1:20pm
Hi,
  I don't think you need to worry about having them pay before filling in the details.
It will be much more custom work to build it like this & offer no great advantage that I can see & probably some disadvantages.
If they fill in the form as part of the order process then the details will only get stored when the order is complete - including paying for it.  It will also possibly put customers off if they have to purchase the registration before even seeing what information will be stored.
It's no different in that way to someone selling "widgets" - you wouldn't want to see the order for a "widget" until the customer had paid for it.

Product cart has only three custom input fields built in to it,  so it would need a  custom version of the code.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic