ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search Engine Optimization PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saxena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search Engine Optimization PR
    Posted: 06-April-2006 at 12:45pm

Hello Friends

I am quite amazed at various techniques of Search Engine Algorithms. Yesterday I observed a strange phenomenon.

The website www.seohawk.com has a PR of 3 whereas all deep links have PR 4-5. I am really amazed at this phenomenon. If anyone knows whats up with the PR in this case do let me know

We shifted our IP to a U.S Based server which resulted in decrease in our PR .It looks like Google doesnt like the concept of shifting IP to another hosting

regards
raj

Search Engine Optimization SEO Hawk India

Edited by saxena - 29-November-2007 at 8:10am
FireEngineRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEngineRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 3:13pm

If you find any answers please let me know as I know of a site doing the same thing pr 3 on home page all pages not actually part of the store are pr 4 and 5.

I assume you are using ProductCart?

www.tasteetees.com

thrion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2006 at 8:45am
PR is a complex beast.

An important thing to remember is that it isn't your *site* that has a PR value, but each *page* that has PR.  Unless your home page is the most important part of your website with content that is relavent and up to date, it makes sense that the main page is lower.

You want people to link directly to the important parts of your site...you want someone who is writing about how awesome widgetABC is to link directly to widgetABC, not your home page.  Why?  Because you want someone who is looking to BUY widgetABC to get right to it and buy it, not have them navigate around your site and possibly not find it.

In the case of product cart where the default main page is MainIndex.asp, this page should be changed frequently to keep your site fresh, and although it is an important page, it should have a lower PR than your viewprd pages.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic