ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Categories and "Featured Products"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Categories and "Featured Products"
    Posted: 30-May-2008 at 10:16am
Hey -

What is happening is I have set up Categories and Sub-Categories for products on a web site.  What I want to happen is when one clicks on a Category (in the Nav), I want to the next page to just show a list of sub-categories.  What it is doing now is showing "Featured Products" underneath the list of sub-categories.  How can I turn off the "featured products" part on the sub-category pages?  I think it will give the page a much cleaner look if I can remove that part.

Thanks
Joe
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 5:27am
Can you post a URL?
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 5:51am
Unfotunately, I can not because of a disclosure contract, but I can post a screenshot of the page:

I apologize, but I had to blot out the product names, per the disclosure I signed.
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 7:30am
OK - How about the name of the page - e.g. The url without the domain name on the front - Then I'll know which piece of code you have an issue with.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 8:22am
store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=2
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 9:39am
Hi Joe,
  I took a look at the source code & found this in the area of the code concerned :-

' If there are products AND subcategories, then products are considered
            ' "featured" products within the category and are shown above the subcategories

Check to see that your high level categories contain JUST sub-categories & that your sub-categories contain JUST products.

I haven't checked all the code & associated includes as this seems very likely to be the cause. If it is NOT then please let me know & I'll dig a little deeper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 11:59pm

ooooooooh, I just checked, and I have Sub-Categories AND Products listed under the top-level Cateogories........Mostly because I haven't organized the products into the Categories yet.  Once I assign all products to a sub-category, the "Featured Products under (Product)" will dissapear?

Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2008 at 4:42am
I believe so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic