ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about Managing Categories and Products...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Managing Categories and Products...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Managing Categories and Products...
    Posted: 01-June-2008 at 12:17am
Here is my situation.   I uploaded a Spreadsheet with 670 Products, but unfortunately because I didn't know better, I assigned all the products to their respective top-category.  However, these products need to be listed in the Sub-Categories of the top-categories.

My question is, do I have to go through in the control panel and re-assign each product to their sub-category now? 

Or can I re-upload the Spreadsheet with changes made to it so all the products go to the correct sub-categories?  If the latter is correct, what field in the Spreadsheet contains the Sub-Category listing?

Thanks
-J

Edited by BlackReefDesigns - 01-June-2008 at 1:40am
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2008 at 4:41am
Off the top of my head, I would say just upload the spreadsheet with the correct categories set. You don't need to worry if the are categories or sub-categories - they are all categories - the distinction is "virtual", it's just a way to help us understand the structure we set up.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic