ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tax Display Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tax Display Options
    Posted: 04-June-2008 at 1:37am
How can I display the tax or include the tax in the display price. Or display that the price is excluding GST.

We have 10% GST in Australia, I have setup the tax by country, but it only mensions tax once you get to the payment in the checkout.

Grant.
www.austcoldindustries.com.au

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2008 at 7:34pm
It sounds like you want this handled like VAT (Value Added TAX) is managed in the UK & EU ??

With VAT there is an option to display prices showing the amount of the price that is TAX (VAT) and the price without VAT.

Take a look at the user guide for VAT.

If the handling of AUS GST is the same then you can switch on the VAT & set the rate as appropriate  & rework the Language file to  meet your needs.
If that IS the case then please let Early Impact know as this would be useful in their documentation.

If it isn't the case then the VAT references in the PC files should make it straight forward to work out where you will need custom code added  to display prices as you wish.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2008 at 7:45pm
With VAT it's common, if not standard, practice to display prices inclusive of VAT to retail customers and exclusive of VAT to business customers.  
austcold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 6:53am
Yes, I have switched on the VAT and it is much the same as GST.

So all I need to accomplish this is to have "GST" displayed instead of "VAT" to my customers, and if it can show including tax to retail customers and excluding tax to wholesale customers, thats a bonus.

So this "Language file" is what I need to modify?
www.austcoldindustries.com.au

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 9:42am
Yes,
  The file is includes/languages.asp
There are several  references to  VAT in the file.
I would also advise reading the user guide - one thing to note is that when you put prices in to the admin pages you put in the price INCLUDING tax. Not sure if this is  how  your prices are currently entered as I've not built a non UK store.

Hmm - I just noticed :-
"english_orderverify_42", "This purchase is outside of the European Union.  Total VAT excluded from this order:  "

Looking at the code there is a check to see if the country is flagged as an "EU member State" - That will need looking  into to see if you can just "fake it" for AUS to be an EU state - or whether you will need changes to the asp code.
Also, it's important to establish that, as far as the differences in the way ProductCart handles "sales tax" differs from VAT, it matches your GST.

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 2:10pm

Enter prices VAT included.

The store will include VAT for anyone in the store’s country regardless of being in EU. So in your case everyone in AU will be charged VAT.

It will also include VAT for anyone on the list of EU member states.  From the VAT settings page you can edit the list of EU states to be empty if you only want to charge VAT in your country.

VAT is removed for everyone else.

You cannot currently distinguish between business customers and remove VAT for them.  However, in v3.5 you will be able to capture the VAT ID and/or an ID number (such as TFN or SSN). 

bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2008 at 8:04am
Hamish - have you found a way to extract the total EU sales from your data, as required for the Customs & Excise's EU Sales List form? Since the store knows about the EU countries, this information must be buried in the system somewhere! I can't find any reference to creating such a report in the documentation.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2008 at 8:25am
Hi,
  I don't have any stores that export. However, the info is available. In "Reports > View Sales Reports" you can filter by country to get individual sales reports for each country, including sales & VAT totals. Alternatively you can do a custom data export to get the figures you want into a spreadsheet and then total them by country. 
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2008 at 9:18am
Thanks for your suggestions, which make good sense, but I'm hoping not to have to do the spreadsheet approach nor manual addition - that's what the computer is here for! It must be reasonably straightforward to get the system to analyse the sales data and cross-reference the pcVATcountries table to obtain a sales total for these countries.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2008 at 11:13am
If your comfortable with working in ASP I'd suggest creating a custom report, based on the existing code to give you totals by country. The vast majority of the code you will need is already in place in the existing reports page. Otherwise your left with reporting each country one at a time, which does give a total, but could take quite a while, or using the export to spreadsheet functionality. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic