ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Having trouble with a Search Box in a Table Cell..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having trouble with a Search Box in a Table Cell..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having trouble with a Search Box in a Table Cell..
    Posted: 06-June-2008 at 2:26am
Basically I a have a table cell that is 600W and 25H pixels. I am trying to put a small search box in the cell, and even though I have set in CSS the cell height to 25, the cell keeps doubling in height whenever I add the Search Box in it. It appears fine in Dreamweaver, but I only notice the problem after I upload the page on the internet.  It's like there is some sort of padding around the Product Cart search box that keeps stretching the cell out

How do I keep the cell height a true 25px with the search field in it?

EDIT: The bar appears to be working fine in Firefox, but in IE7 the bar is messed up like mentioned earlier.  please advise

Thanks
Joe

Edited by BlackReefDesigns - 06-June-2008 at 3:27am
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2008 at 10:06am
Joe
I can't help you out - but I can say that I have exactly the same issue. The form used for the smallsearch box creates space differently in IE7 and Firefox and I have not been able to find a CSS solution.

Maybe someone might know if there is a browser specific CSS workaround. This limitation must be very common to many PC sites using this form.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic