ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem viewing Invoice after Checkout Screen...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem viewing Invoice after Checkout Screen...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem viewing Invoice after Checkout Screen...
    Posted: 11-June-2008 at 6:13pm
Basically what is happening is the Invoice that the customer views after a product purchase is appearing with a Black background.   I went into the CSS and found the code that corresponds to the background color of the invoice.  I changed the #000000 to #FFFFFF (I want a white background so it is printer-friendly) but when I change that it also changes the background of the Product Cart main site to white, and that needs to remain black to go with the theme of the site.

So, how I make a White, Printer-Friendly Invoice and keep the black background for the rest of the site?

Thanks
Joe
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-June-2008 at 6:51pm
Hi Joe,
    A quote from my fav CSS book :-
"In order to save ink most web browsers are pre-configured to not print background colors and images"

However, most web users, if would hazard a guess, would not be aware of that and so may shy away from printing a form that had a solid black/color background.

The file in question here is pc/CustOrdInvoice.asp .
You have a several options here :-
Change the css file that it uses to an alternative one :-
Line 27 in my copy :-
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="pcStorefront.css" />

You could for example, put the unmodified version of the pcStorefront.css file in place as pcStorefrontOrig.css and then point to this file instead (or a copy that you have customized for yourself).

Alternatively, if it's just the background color you can the style "in-line"  :
#pcMain {
 background-color: #ffffff
}
just after line 27.
Or add an additional CSS file with your modifications just after the pcStorefront.css

Hamish

BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-June-2008 at 8:05pm
Hamish -

I renamed the pcStoreFront.css and changed the path in the CustOrdInvoice.asp, and it worked great! thanks alot
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 5:54am
The problem with the customer invoice page can also be resolved by using an in-line style. Simply edit pc/custOrdInvoice.asp by replacing:

<div id="pcMain">

with:

<div id="pcMain" style="background-color: #FFFFFF;">

In-line styles have priority over all other styles when using CSS.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2008 at 7:47am
Absolutely, on a site with a black background though the text is probably white / pale so may be unreadable - It's just a case of trying out which one suits your needs.

In CSS you can also have print specific CSS stylesheets using a media type ( media=print ) on the link to the stylesheet, which would be used in printing and print previews, although not directly by custOrdInvoice as it's a regular page.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic