Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Needs Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 5:11pm
If you change a style and you see no changes in the interface, the reasons can be:

(1) The style definition is incorrect, in which case it is ignored completely by the browser
(2) There is another style that is taking priority over your definition

Finding (2) and resolving the possible CSS conflict can take quite some time in certain cases. There is a workaround. You can give total priority to your style definition by using the "!important" declaration.

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules

This might help.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 5:23pm
Hi Alan,
      Can you post a link to the page in question & I'll take a look.
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 6:20pm
Earlyimp, thanks for that tip. I'll make the changes to my stylesheet and see if that does it. By the way, are the stylesheets which are in header.asp supposed to be pcstorefront and headerfooter? Then I suppose I can add my stylesheet as well?

Hamish, let me try this first. If it works you won't have to spend the time reviewing my page.

Much Thanks to you all.

Alan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 6:36pm
YooHoo. That ! important statement did the trick. Can't thank you enough. Especially since I know I'm going to have many more questions. You guys ROCK! Now I can go add some more products.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Alan
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 6:52pm
Alan: "pcHeaderFooter.css" pertains to the default graphical interface that ProductCart ships with. If you use your own design (most stores do), you should remove the line that loads that CSS document, unless of course you choose to use the styles that it defines in your own design.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 8:47pm
I hope you don't mind but I have another question. I think it makes sense for me to add my home page (index.htm) to the store. Since this is a static page now what is the best way to add it to the store? Do I place some sort of include statement? Make a new content page? I can't seem to figure this one out. My product pages look the way I want them at this point but now I need the initial landing page of my site to interact with the product pages.

I hope this makes some sense to you cause I'm not sure I understand what I just wroteConfused

Thanks again
Alan
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 9:28pm
Hi,
   If you want the store home page to become your sites homepage see :-
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/how_to
and either the section on moving the hhomepage or moving the homepage with ajax support.  Be aware that the server will have an order of preference for selecting which page to use as the sites preferred page when just the domain name is added. You can try renaming any existing index.html or home.html etc if they get in the way, or check with your ISP.

If you want a non shopping cart page thenn you can just use a regular HREF link to the store pages from there instead.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic