ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Special Characters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special Characters
    Posted: 27-June-2008 at 7:23pm
We're having trouble getting ProductCart to display special characters in Content Pages.

Characters like non-breaking space, and Spanish characters like & n t i l d e ; and & i e x c l ; work initially but then get converted to other characters.

For example, if you put & n t i l d e ; into a content page (obviously without the spaces inbetween each letter) it will show correctly. However, if you then edit the page again it will have replaced it with "ñ". If you update the Content Page and view it again it shows a wierd box thing that says "FF FD" inside it.

This is making it hard to make a Spanish version of our website.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 7:32pm
I would like to look into this and determine if there is a workaround.  Are you referring to the custom content pages?  What version of ProductCart are you using?
tbdean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 8:09pm
Thanks Matt.

Yes, I believe it is the custom content pages. We edit them at Settings > Manage Content Pages.

ProductCart v3.12
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 8:40pm
You may want to review this post as someone else was having a similar problem and resolved it by setting the codepage appropriately.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-July-2008 at 3:29pm
Hi tbdean,

The InnovaStudio editor actually converts those HTML characters.  I am afraid a code-based solution may not be available short term.  A simple solution is to edit your content in a text or HTML editor and then paste them into the text box. Basically, not using the InnovaStudio editor for content containing special characters will avoid the problem.  ProductCart does not perform any conversion on the content.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic