ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPS shipping via store or vendor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS shipping via store or vendor
    Posted: 29-July-2008 at 12:10pm
I'm in the process of setting up the UPS shipping section (UPS OnLine Tools Shipping Configuration)...
As I cannot find the answer in the manual, perhaps someone can help me out with this...

We offer a flat rate for shipping (4.50) that I have setup as a handling fee..
Now I am at the next page in the UPS setup in PC, that asks me to enter the Shipper address..
Here is where my question comes in...
When we have a product in-store, it has to be shipped from us. If it's not, we will order it with our vendors who will use our UPS account to ship it directly to our customer..

Do I use our own address in the Shipper Address, combined with the setting "Occasional Pickup" in the Account type?
Meaning: Do I enter the same information as UPS would have from us OR
do I need to do something different?

Please advice if you have experience with this.

Edited by worldofrugs - 29-July-2008 at 12:12pm
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2008 at 2:14pm
Worldofrugs,

You have to use your address that matches the address for your UPS account. Also, you may have to set up a custom shipping method for the flat rate to work otherwise I believe that the total amount of shipping will transfer to the customer invoice at checkout.

In other words, you have to set up the custom shipping for the flat rate and then go into your online account and ship from there. That way, the shipping charge to the customer will only show the flat rate.

Now, remember I'm a newbie so if this is wrong, I'm certain someone else will chime in.

Alan
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2008 at 2:27pm
Thanks for the help Alan!

P.s.: Newbie here as well...  Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic