ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add new field to Contact.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add new field to Contact.asp
    Posted: 13-August-2008 at 5:09am
Hi,

In addition to the general contact us form that already came with ProductCart, I'm trying to create another Contact us form for distributors.  I already duplicated the file and it works fine, but i am having problem adding extra input fields to the form.  Does this require modification to the database?  Can anyone help please?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Planetlava_com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Planetlava_com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2008 at 6:03pm
Hello,

You shouldn't need to alter the database to create a custom contact form.

You would need to add the additional form fields, as well as set up the constants in the page as to whether you want them to be required or not.

You would also need to add the new form variables to the message body of the email that is sent.

Regards,
Tbone
netmarketer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netmarketer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2008 at 3:27pm
Hello,

I have added 3 fields to my contact form and renamed it.  Pretty much followed the tips from planetlava.  When I test it, I am redirected back to the original contact.asp form with this message:

Your attempt was denied because of security reasons. Please contact the store administrator for more information.

http://www.perfectionprint.com/shop/pc/coventureform.asp

Can anyone help me?  Thanks!
RobertZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2008 at 4:29am
Hi
Did U sort this out?
Having problems as well, and would like to know how this can be changed. I'm  sure its got some validation somewhere, where the site wont generate emails from a non registered PC page, but cant find where.

Anybody?

Thanks

Rob

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic