ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vppaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product database
    Posted: 05-May-2006 at 3:23pm
I have created my categories thru the control panel and added my products to one of the categories and it seems to be working fine (althought I have not connected it to my merchant account yet). I have used the (dmnXlprice.asp) Export a price list to Excel from your developer corner and it shows me my products and categories but I can't use that form to add on to and then upload.
My question is:
1 - Can I download the actual database to add on to and than upload and save on my computer?
2 - If I can not do that and have to use the sample import file to append products to my other categories is there a chance that I can screw up what I have already posted?
It has taken me forever to post what I have done so far and I would go crazy if I had to do it over.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 3:47pm
We would not recommend that you make changes directly to the database, but if you do... make sure to save a backup copy in the event you need to revert.  Keep in mind that the Import Wizard does include an "undo" feature that allows you to undo the last import or append.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
vppaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vppaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 4:49pm
How do I get to the database (location) and how would I open it after download? I would like to look at it and see how it is formatted although I would must likely take your advice and not make any changes.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 4:58pm
For security reasons, please contact support@earlyimpact directly for this.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
vppaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vppaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 5:04pm
Another thought. I am using Dreamweaver to link to my products with the productCart Link and I need to get the product ID# after I list the product. So I need to input the products first to get the ID# before I can adjust the database, is this right? Is there anything I can do besides listing each product and then going back to get the ID# and then linking them in dreanweaver one at a time? Doing it that way will take take a very long time.
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 4:49pm

Not sure if you decided what to do with your products but we regularly import products using the Import Product Wizard and it works very well. The key is in the Product SKU. If you want to import new products, they must all have unique product SKUs so they don't conflict with existing products. You can also do an update of existing products by importing a file with matching product SKUs and the fields of data you want to change, i.e. a bulk price update.

See the "Importing an Existing Product Database" in the User's Guide for complete details on importing products.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic