ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exporting Orders to Quickbooks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exporting Orders to Quickbooks
    Posted: 25-August-2008 at 5:24pm

Just a little information in case anyone has the same problem I had with exporting orders into Quickbooks.  (I did purchase the QB Add-on, but it does not work very well for us because we do not use a generic "Customer Account." As most uses of the add-on know, importing orders using the QB add-on requires a time-consuming process of mapping customers to orders, if you don't use the generic Customer Account.)   

A few years ago, I purchased Shopping Cart Assistant from www.writeitonce.com for use with Miva Merchant.  It worked beautifully with Miva Merchant, and they were able to make the program work with Product Cart using the XML Tool Manager: Export Orders to XML function of Product Cart.   The software costs about $300, but it has made the process of exporting orders to Quickbooks so easy.  

DISCLAIMER:  Having said all that, I will say that the customer service at Write It Once is very poor.  I've only talked to one guy there, so maybe he is REALLY busy. . .  Anyway, I had to call every day and leave messages.  Finally I got some help setting it up.  And that is the other bad thing- there are no help files- you MUST have help setting it up.  So I recommend this to anyone who is willing to deal with the headache of bad customer service to get a really simple way to export orders to Quickbooks.    
www.TheSleepShop.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic