ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dreamweaver-root folder-where to start?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreamweaver-root folder-where to start?
    Posted: 04-November-2005 at 9:05pm

I'm starting some mods. using dreamweaver.  Does anyone out there know where I should start as far as the root folder?  Set the images folder (yes/no)?

Here is what I have:

wwwroot\productcart\pc\ (etc... etc.. etc...)

Should I start from "\productcart" as my root folder? or "\pc"?

Should I set the "Default images folder" in my site settings (dreamweaver) to "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\productcart\pc\images\" ?

Thank you in advance!
Regards!

<<Jose>>
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2005 at 10:09pm
I have my root set at the equavialent of your wwwroot/  and I have a seperate image folder at wwwroot/images.  I don't want to intermingle my web pages with the Productcart code.  So all of my webpages are at wwwroot/ or in other folders depending upon what makes sense from an organizational point of view.  The only thing in my Productcart folders is the EarlyImpact code.
jrlopez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2005 at 10:31pm

Dean,

Thanks for the reply.  I will be needing to modify some of the cart's asp pages.  I will do as much as I can in include files so I don't have to re-do a lot of changes in future updates and since it was the first time I was opening the files in dreamweaver I need some orientation.  So far what I've tried has gone well.

Again, thanks!

<<Jose>>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic