ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apparel products "cross" categories in adv search
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apparel products "cross" categories in adv search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlwilson3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apparel products "cross" categories in adv search
    Posted: 21-November-2008 at 1:39pm
Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but every apparel product that I add seems to have a problem with regard to advanced search. The problem is this:

We sell musical instruments. Let's say for example that I have an apparel product set up for a series of drum heads (based on size). That product should appear under percussion categories. When I do a search limited to, say, Electric Guitars, the search performs as expected except there is that confounded drum head SKU.  (and every other apparel SKU for that matter.)

I'm currently running 3.12 and I don't think I should upgrade prior to the busy shopping season. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
H.L.

http://www.alpha-music.com

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:28am
Hi H.L.,
could you provide more information? Please include a sample search results page (link to it from your post), more details about the search results that you would expect to see, what you are seeing, and where the issue is. We were not able to exactly understand the problem from the message you submitted above. Thanks!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
hlwilson3rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlwilson3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 1:34pm
Thanks. Here's a simple one: I'll do an search on the "Keyboards" category (idCategory=1442). I'll limit the search to between $150 -  $300. It yields 5 results, of which, only 2 are actually in the specified category. The other 3 are all apparel products.

Here's the query:
http://www.alpha-music.com/ProductCart/pc/showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=1442&idSupplier=10&priceFrom=150&priceUntil=300&sku=&IDBrand=0&keyWord=&customfield=0&SearchValues=&resultCnt=100&order=2&Submit.x=48&Submit.y=12

Thanks,
H.L.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 7:38pm
Please submit a support ticket and reference this thread.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic