ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is an SSL Cert really needed WorldPay?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desquinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is an SSL Cert really needed WorldPay?
    Posted: 26-May-2006 at 7:16pm
Hi,

Was wondering what people opionion were on the need for an SSL cert when using World Pay as a gateway. Since the worldpay pages are where all the credit card action is going on and they are on an SSL cert then I wonder if there is any real need for a cert on the cart?

I am not trying to cut costs here but just wondering about whether it is "technically" needed.....

Des
cptkoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptkoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 2:55pm

If the card details are handled by worldpay then there is no need. The only time you would want to have an ssl cert on your site is if you were to start processing card details, holding this information or just wanted to add extra security to the customer area.

Hope this helps.

"I need a hug, I need love, I need fun, I want to feel happy. Thats the world I want to live in!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic