ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price change for options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesskuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price change for options
    Posted: 26-February-2009 at 7:49pm
I have 3 options of the product: faucet design, faucet finish and water filter type.  Price should change only for on attribute of option 2 (faucet finish) , however  I found out that price change shows in option 3, unless I change the order of options, which is not too logical but resolves the problem.   Any ideas? 
http://ecosystemsintl.net/waterfiltershop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=302&idcategory=10
Thank you.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2009 at 8:03pm
I've found that it is sometimes to confusing for customers to see a price and then another add on price to the product.  Especially if it is not like 2 dollars more, which is easy to calculate.  I know it will show and add it up when clicking on it, but sometimes customers are just not that bright or not computer savvy.  We even had customers that insisted that the "you save" feature was the price of the product.  So we like to simplify whenever possible, because otherwise we would have add $5.79  and the like.   So what we did was set the base price to $0, and the actual price to each option.  Then we went into languages.asp and took the word "add" out to make it look right on the product page.  Search for
dictLanguage.Add "english_viewPrd_spmsg3
Simply remove the word add and you are done.
Katharina
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2009 at 12:24am
Hi Tesskuz
I have found the same problem with product cart and put it on my top 5 improvement in that topic.  It is particularily frustrating when the first option is associated with the swatch color feature (the one where you can select a color swatch instead of using the drop down), and second, because the prices for wholesale customers are never computed correctly. In either case, it gets really confusing becuase the price adder isn't seen my the customer until the next option is selected.  My solution was to eliminate the price adders altogether, by either charging more for the base product, or starting with a higher price and subtracting for the cheaper options. Under the present way PC works, it is better not to charge extra for options.  This a really crappy part of the Apparal Add-on to the PC program, even though it should be the strength, with all the hupla around having multiple options and pictures for each option, inventory control at the option level, etc.  Geesch!
Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic