ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gift Certificate and Registry Improvement please
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gift Certificate and Registry Improvement please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannondoan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gift Certificate and Registry Improvement please
    Posted: 30-March-2009 at 3:45pm

These are my 2 biggest headaches- things that we field complaints about almost daily from customers- sometimes more than once a day.

#1- Customers can not use more than 1 gift certificate at a time.  This infuriates them (rightly or wrongly, lol).  They will have a baby shower, and receive several $25 gift certs, but they can only use one at a time.  Would love this to change- maybe a toggle on/off in control panel just like for the coupon codes? What ultimately happens is the customer places a $500 order, applies one gift certifcate, and we have to refund the rest.  This costs us money, because we are not refunded the credit card fees by auth.net when refunding customers.  Not to mention the confusion and unhappiness of the customer that costs us labor time.  I hope this is something that PC can easily improve, and if not, hopefully it's something that can be customized by a programmer for a reasonable amount of money. 

#2- Customers can not shop from a registry and for themselves at the same time, nor can they shop from more than 1 registry at a time.  This is another thing that infuriates customers! We cater to pregnant and new parents, who always have pregnant friends, so when they come to shop off a gift registry, they might decide to pick up something for themselves to try- it is nice unintended advertising for us! But unfortunately, if they try to buy something not off the registry, they are told to empty their cart, that it is being used for a registry purchase.  Likewise, if they decide they want to purchase something in a different color due to out of stock or whatever, they are not allowed to do so. Group baby showers, or a customer who has 2 friends registered, can't shop for both on the same ticket.

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere- surely I can't be the only one with this observation? We only have about 650 registries- but maybe because most are pregnant and anxious for the big event we hear from them more often than the average registry?
Shannon Doan
www.wildflowerdiapers.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic