ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First order number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISTNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First order number
    Posted: 27-June-2006 at 4:43pm

Prolly easy, I'm sure...

We are migrating from one site to another...hopefully propogating this weekend.  If I want to start off with another order number other then one, where would I change that?  I'd like to start semi close to where we left off.

Thanks!

Gwen Roberts
Integrated System Technologies, Inc.
http://8.7.225.154/storefront.htm (til live)
anna42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2006 at 4:48pm

Hi ISTNC!

Adjust this under Store Management Tools, General Settings, Store Settings --> Order Number Increase --> choose whatever number you want to start with.

Best wishes,

Anna, Sweden

ISTNC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISTNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2006 at 4:51pm

Couldn't be any easier then that.  I was in there, but missed that part.

Thank you.

Gwen Roberts
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2006 at 5:02pm

Just a note. If you are copying an exsiting SQL database, the Order Number Increase will only add to whatever the current sequential ID # is in the orders table. For example, if you have been testing and already placed 10 orders, and you set your Order Number increase to be 1000, then the next order placed will show as 1011.

Even if you clear out your old orders, SQL retains the next available sequential ID. If you want to reset the identity value for a SQL table, check out the DBCC CHECKIDENT function in "SQL Server books online".

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
ISTNC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISTNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2006 at 5:03pm

Okay, thanks!  I didn't know that, but it isn't a problem for me.

I just wanted to differentiate from one site to the next.

Gwen Roberts
BrianRoden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 9:14am
But note that the Order Number Increase doesn't REALLY change the idOrder in the database tables. It just adds the number to the actual order number for display in the control panel and in the e-mails/reports. If you're going to do any direct access of the database, or importing a file of exported order data into a warehouse management system, be aware of this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic