ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding redirect with coupon code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 517 Design Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding redirect with coupon code
    Posted: 21-May-2009 at 1:03pm
I want to set up my shopping cart so when a customer enters a coupon code it not only discounts their product but also sends the same coupon code to Share A Sale. Share A Sale is another company we use for marketing. I have spoken Share A Sales tech people and they told me to add this code to Product Carts shopping cart. Here is what they said;

Force a redirect at the time of the coupon code entry
1) You will need to maintain a database that relates a particular coupon code with a ShareASale affiliate ID number
2) When this coupon code is entered in to your site, you will direct the client through a ShareASale redirect link. The link you need to send them to is:

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=132163&u=XXXXXXX&m=18169&urllink=&afftrack=

Where you replace the XXXXXXX with the affiliate ID number that the coupon belongs to. You can do this via a hidden iframe or an ajax call, or you could do it inline. If you do it inline, you will need to specify a page that the client should be returned to. This is done using the urllink parameter. If, for example, you wanted to return the customer to the following page:

http://www.wallpaperforwindows.com/store/pc/viewcart.asp

You would code the redirect link like this:

www.wallpaperforwindows.com%2Fstore%2Fpc%2Fviewcart.asp&afftrack=">http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=132163&u=XXXXXXX&m=18169&urllink=www.wallpaperforwindows.com%2Fstore%2Fpc%2Fviewcart.asp&afftrack=

The http:// has been removed, and the remainder has been URLencoded.

3) You then continue on the checkout process as normal.

I have made a coupon with a coupon code using the same number as a Share A Sale affiliate ID number. This number is 305157.

My question is: Where would I put this code they are talking about? On what file would it go and in what part of the file? I appreciate any help or other suggestions you can give me.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2009 at 9:30am
We are not sure we fully understand the requirements. If you need to alert the third-party system (shareasale) when a certain coupon is being used, then you would add tracking code to "pc/orderCompleteTracking.asp". The orders table contains information about which coupons were used in that order, so you can extract that information and pass it to ShareaSale. You will need the assistance of an ASP programmer to extract the needed information from the order and send it to ShareaSale, but this would not be a difficult implementation.

If you instead need to validate the coupon and return to the checkout process, you would have to alter "orderVerify.asp". A very experienced programmer would be needed in this second scenario: you are breaking the checkout flow, so this is a potentially dangerous implementation that can lead to customers not being able to successfully complete their orders. So use extra care if you decide to go this route.

Edited by earlyimp - 23-May-2009 at 9:31am
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic