ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 to 3-column storefront layout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 to 3-column storefront layout
    Posted: 06-July-2009 at 1:23pm
I've recently had our ProductCart system updated from 3.01 to 3.51

Although, our shopping cart layout is different from one of our associate's cart in the look-and-feel of the default storefront.  Our associate's cart shows a 3-column layout with a larger header while ours maintained the original 3.01 2-column layout.  Both of us have the same package type (ProductCart v3.51, PPD) and it's the standard, not the Built-to-Order.

Is there some way I can change the layout of the storefront from a 2-column to a 3-column?  I can find nothing to indicate changing the layout in the ProductCart Administrator dashboard.

Would this be an option when doing a fresh installation of a newer ProductCart?  If so, is there a way of downloading the files responsible, then uploading and editing the store files so that I can get the 3-column layout?

See what I'm talking about:
3-column layout (what we want): IQuire.com
2-column layout (what we have): Endoscopy.com
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2009 at 1:36pm
Hi Mark,
You (or a developer) modified your site template from the Product Cart default template. To switch back to 3 column requires modification of your site template and is NOT built into the control panel. If you have your original ZIP file download of Product Cart, you can pull the default files from there. They are as follows:
pc/header.asp
pc/footer.asp
pc/pcHeaderFooter08.css
pc/pcstorefront.css

You should make sure you backup all of your files from your live site before trying to implement any changes so that you can always revert back if you have problems.

For detailed description of how to integrate a design into Product Cart, see the following link:
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2009 at 3:22pm
Hi Mark,
    A useful technique to test a new look, if you do not have a test install to work with, is to create a copy of,say, viewPrd.asp as viewPrdNEW.asp and edit it to use copies of your new header and footer files renamed as headerNEW.asp and footerNEW.asp. Alternative CSS files can also be used in the same way. 

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2009 at 7:26am
Hi Mark,

The 3 column layout in your example is the standard one that comes with productcart v3.51. In fact this has been the standard layout ever since version 3 was introduced. Although you can use this layout 'out of the box', most productcart users customise these files to give their own website a unique design.

The files are called header.asp and footer.asp and these can be found in the productcart/pc folder.

Myself and other productcart resellers/developers usually provide this service. If you want to get in touch I'd be happy to give you a price.

Nigel

Edited by intour - 07-July-2009 at 7:27am
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
MGatESS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2009 at 3:34pm
There may have been a problem with the version I have.

When we got v3.01, it was just after we had purchased v2.76 (we had v2.76 for about a month when v3.01 came out).  My manager got on the phone with EarlyImpact and got an "upgrade" to v3.01 so that we didn't have to purchase a new license since we already sank money into a new-yet-defunct version.

The folder on the disc I was given (burned with the .zip file and the unzipped folder on one CD-ROM) had a folder labeled: ProductCart_v301_Upgrade_080906 Folder and the .zip file was: ProductCart_v301_Upgrade_080906.zip. 

I can't say 100% for sure, but perhaps the version we were sent wasn't a "complete" version as to what the original v3.01 zipped file would have.  When I looked in the folder for the files that were listed, the pcHeaderFooter08.css was not there (only pcHeaderFooter.css) AND the header.asp and footer.asp files were MISSING in the zip file as well as the unzipped folder.

Is there someplace I can download the .css and .asp files I'm missing so that I can update the ProductCart properly?  We're using the "Parent Paths Disabled" version.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by MGatESS - 09-July-2009 at 3:53pm
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2009 at 4:09pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic