ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

importing products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: importing products
    Posted: 18-July-2009 at 9:54pm
I am preparing to import my many products and before I do it wrong I figured I better check in here. I entered several products into the control panel to test settings out. I got the apparel items set up with the attributes. I then exported the product file for reimporting. Here is where I get confused. My sub products are showing up in the export as well as the parent products, however they are all labeled as STANDARD in the product type field. There is no Apparel product field. If I enter the rest of my products into this exported file, while this mess up their "Apparel" status? and do sub-products need to be imported separately or can I enter them in to this file the same way the current sub-products were exported?

I have been reading the wiki on apparel products and am just a little confused since the export file shows all the products as standard.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2009 at 12:57am
Apparel Products and their Sub-Products must be imported separately. There are instructions on both import procedures in the documentation.

Importing Apparel Products:
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/apparel_add-on/importing_apparel

Importing Sub-Products:
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/apparel_add-on/subproducts_import
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2009 at 12:39pm
This is what was confusing me. I read these several times. but does that mean if I use the export to re-import function and make adjustments to my stock or prices or something, that it will not re-import correctly?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2009 at 5:37pm
Correct. You cannot update both at the same time. That's why the "Export for Re-Import" feature - when using the Apparel Add-on - contains the following choices on the first step of the "Wizard":
  • Do not export sub-products
  • Only export sub-products
  • Include both
Since inventory is handled only at the sub-product level when you are dealing with "Apparel" products, you would only export and re-import sub-products.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Carebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2009 at 10:57am
Awesome! Thank you so much for the clarification before I messed up my import ;)
Uniforms guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uniforms guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 1:37pm
Hi EarlyImp,
By using Apparel Add-on, when import new Apparel Products which requires new options:
How do we import the options's [Attribute Codes], [Attribute Names] and [Attribute Images]
How do we Export Options & its [Attribute Codes], [Attribute Names] and [Attribute Images] for edit and then Re-Import?
Thank you,
Mario
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic