ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reward points question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2009 at 4:24pm
I started another thread regarding the cross-selling and bundle features but the issue here is the same and I have to agree with Carebear's point.  Maybe bug isn't the right technical term, but I know that I purchased the Apparel Add-on with 100% certainty that it was exactly that, an 'Add-On'.  This is not a third-party add-on we're talking about, it's developed by EI and there's absolutely no reason for an end user to assume that an add-on removes any of the important features of the original product, if it breaks those features then it's either a bug or it should be a heavily advertised caveat when the add-on is sold.   I understand that the problem is explained once you dig deep into the Wiki, but obviously that's not where most people are going to find out about the problem until it's too late.

As far as I'm concerned unless this is fixed (please?) every person who is even considering Product Cart with the Apparel Add-on should be presented with something that says 'Pros: The Apparel Add-On rocks! Cons: You will lose some of the best e-commerce features of Product Cart by using it'.

As Carebear said, customers who choose PC invest a huge amount of money to develop their site based on the features advertised for the base product and the add-ons. My marketing plan included introducing product bundles in the second half of this year, to find out that I can't actually do that with PC is extremely disappointing and unexpected.
Seth Haber
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2009 at 4:34pm
We are looking to extend some of the functionality. Not all of the functionality available at the parent-product level can be extended at the sub-product level. There are interface issues and technical issues. Some of it, however, certainly can be extended (e.g. Reward Points).

If you were sitting at our desks, you would realize that we receive a pretty incredible amount of requests every single day. Most sensible requests. Most smart features or useful enhancements. That's not the issue. The issue is that there are indeed only 24 hours in a day, although we try to stretch them as much as possible

We'll see over the next couple of days what we can squeeze into v4.

Cheers,

The Early Impact Team
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2009 at 12:41am

Thought I might chime in here.

I am definitely sympathetic to both the end-user and developer sides on this. From the end-user side here, it is rather counter-intuitive that "upgrading" to apparel add-on would "downgrade" some features of the standard version; however, the programming complexities are real, and a shopping cart company has to at least meet the needs of the larger majority of merchants and can't possibly meet the needs of everyone while doing that. It's not uncommon for a merchant to think that "zillions of other folks" must want the same functionality, when that isn't really true at all in the vast pool of merchants using any given application, including ProductCart.

For example only two people here are really interested in this out of thousands of ProductCart merchants. I'm sure there are probably others who would be interested if they asserted themselves, but there are many other modifications EI is working on in version 4 that address boarder concerns.

That being said, EI sees worth possibly working this into version 4.

If at least 5 merchants PM me with an interest for us to develolp a mod for this for version 3.51, then well build the mod. However, just as EI says, there is only so much time in a day, and even while we are buring the midnight oil, we couldn't probably have this available as a mod until probably mid November, 2009 or later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic