ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Import Wizard rejects EXCEL File to be imported
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import Wizard rejects EXCEL File to be imported

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss1001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import Wizard rejects EXCEL File to be imported
    Posted: 01-September-2009 at 5:01pm

I am not sure if anyone has come across these issues.

ISSUE 1:
I had v3.11 and I tried importing an EXCEL file which I exported using the 'IMPORT WIZARD'. I updated a few prices and tried importing the file  (tried as well: saved it as a 95~2003 using Excel 2007). Named the Data range as "IMPORT" and set the SKU column to Text.

On import I was asked to map these fields i.e. fields from Excel File to PCproductCart and they did NOT match. I am confused...this is the same file ProductCart Exported!! I looked on the website to find some document to show the mapping but have not come across one.

........so I proceeded to Update to the version 3.5b thinking that this may solve this issue. This brings me to a whole new issue...

ISSUE 2
I use the same file again and it now tells me the file is NOT valid!! I probably did not Name the range as "IMPORT". I have tried this twice since and have the same issue.

Can someone shed some light on this!!

Thanks in advance.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2009 at 5:28pm
it's little hard to understand this without actually seeing it, but there are a couple things to look at.  Make sure that the "importlogs" folder inside your (hopefully renamed) pcadmin folder has the correct write permissions. 

Then look at the file save.txt in that folder.  This is the file that actually contains the mappings.  If you want to reset the mappings, you can replace that file with the one from your initial distribution zip.

Once you have checked all of that, try starting over with a fresh export.  Save it as a .xls, not .xlsx, and don't miss naming the range.

I know you may be frustrated, but when used correctly, this tool really works very easily.  I migrated a whole product listing from an old cart to PC today using the import tool and it took less than 30 minutes from the point that I downloaded their Access database.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic