ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Add to Cart Button Where Customer Inputs Amount
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add to Cart Button Where Customer Inputs Amount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LittleOnesResource View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleOnesResource Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add to Cart Button Where Customer Inputs Amount
    Posted: 10-September-2009 at 9:20am
Yes, you are correct and that is where I ultimately want to go.

I want to get my product cart store up and running by the end of the month and close down my current store, so I can stop maintaining "2 stores." I can already notice an increase in business for the upcoming Xmas season. I don't have a lot of time and need a quick fix for the time being.

Thanks so much for your thoughts!
Amy.
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2009 at 9:09am
Just a thought...Product Cart has built into it the ability to auto-calculate a variety of shipping options and amounts which the customer selects during checkout and are automatically added to their total order. That should alleviate the problem with sending emails back and forth and remove the need for the customizations requested.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleOnesResource Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2009 at 9:03am
That might just work! I never thought of that!

Most appreciated!
Amy.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2009 at 9:34pm
Amy - if you don't mind being restricted to even dollars, this is easy.  Just set up a generic $1 product.  The item ordered quantity x $1 gives you the total amount. 

Will that work?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleOnesResource Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2009 at 9:15pm
I was wondering if there is a way to have an "add to cart" button tied to a text box where the customer enters an amount instead of having the button tied to a specific product with a specific price.

I am moving my current store to product cart, but right now it is not using product cart. I send my international customers to a generic "international checkout page" where they enter an amount and click on an "add to cart" button. The total amount can vary based on different shipping options. Allowing the customer to enter in the amount gives me the flexibility to offer different shipping choices without have to send several emails back and forth between my store and the international customer. It has been working really well and I have had not problems.

My problem is that I cannot seem to figure out if I can do this in product cart. I don't know how I can pass on the "amount" input by the customer. I can code it in html, but I don't know asp.

I know that I can link to a hidden product, but it can only be for a specific amount. I tried to link to a hidden product with "options" which were set up as the different shipping choices, but it didn't always work. I could view the page and add the product with the shipping choice to the cart, but when I clicked on the checkout button from the view cart page, the product would disappear from the cart. The only way to get it to work was to delete the "options" and that doesn't really solve my problem.

I would really like to have a generic page where the customer can enter in the amount and click an "Add to Cart" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
Amy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic