ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

social bookmarking...addthis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: social bookmarking...addthis
    Posted: 19-September-2009 at 3:45am
This is excellent, thanks for sharing this!
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2009 at 10:28am
Hi Garden Bath-  Thanks for the tip.  I checked out your site and it looks great!
www.TheSleepShop.com
thegardenbath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegardenbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2009 at 8:27pm
Glad to help!  :)
-------------------
ProductCart v3.51
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2009 at 3:24pm
Where did you insert it in the viewPrdL.asp file? I tried it and I'm not sure where I am going wrong with it.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2009 at 4:03pm
Hi,
   Take a look at this page ( http://www.dirtdigits.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17810&idcategory=308&viewprdstyle=l ) - where you will see the "AddThis" displayed.
Your default view is the "classic", so you need to make the change in viewprdC.asp. 

Edited by Hamish - 21-September-2009 at 4:03pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2009 at 4:33am
Thanks again, Garden Bath, for sharing this.

I think this is so important for every PC merchant -- easily let customers take a merchant's product offerings viral on Social Media sites (work the Social Media Marketing angle) -- that we've just published a FREE guide on plugging AddThis into ProductCart 3.51 (easily adapted to other versions of PC).

If you are interested in a simple way to help your store go viral, see:
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/addthis_social_media

This is the 21st Century version of "word of mouth" advertising. It's the best "no cost" adverting you'll ever get.

Edited by Sean@WMS - 25-September-2009 at 2:13am
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2009 at 7:40pm

For those of you following this thread, I thought you might be interested in a more general discussion of Social Media Marketing and ProductCart I'm trying to get started here:

thegardenbath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegardenbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2009 at 6:42am
Well, I'm really glad to see this has been useful!  :)

Sean, thanks for making a more detailed guide than my simple notes - I'm sure that will be more helpful for others!

M Robles - sounds like Hamish gave you the best advice to use viewPrdC.  Sorry, I should have clarified that each person needs to use the viewPrd form that they have set up in their shop (I'm using viewPrdL, but there's also viewPrdC and viewPrdO - just depends on which one you have set up for your shop).  Hope you got it figured out now!  I'd download Sean's guide that was posted to get more details, but the basic thing to do is copy all the code that AddThis gives you and just paste it into a <td> wherever you want it to show up.  In my case, I added a row in the code under the "tell a friend" section.

I'm off to read the new thread that Sean linked to.  Thanks!
-------------------
ProductCart v3.51
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic