ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uploading Multiple Photos for One Product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uploading Multiple Photos for One Product
    Posted: 02-October-2009 at 8:42am

I am currently using an excel spreadsheet to upload new products. Is there a way to upload more than one image for a single product via a spreadsheet format?

All that I see is the ability to upload 3 different sizes. I want 3 sizes of 3 different photos uploaded.

The only way I currently see to do this is one by one add them to the product. Is there a more time efficient means?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2009 at 12:10pm
Hi nas, see this article in the documentation about a workaround for importing "Additional Product Views".

http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/how_to/import_additional_product_views

At the bottom of that article there is a link to another useful one about using image batch processing to quickly resize images at the same time.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2009 at 1:32am
Originally posted by nas nas wrote:

I am currently using an excel spreadsheet to upload new products. Is there a way to upload more than one image for a single product via a spreadsheet format?

All that I see is the ability to upload 3 different sizes. I want 3 sizes of 3 different photos uploaded.

The only way I currently see to do this is one by one add them to the product. Is there a more time efficient means?

Hi Nas,

We just released our Batch Process Images add-on tonight. This takes care of the large part of your concern, as it just requires that you name the largest product image by it's SKU, then you FTP up a whole batch of images to a repository, and press a button to batch process resizing all of the general, thumbnail, and mini-thumbs AND update the database.

With this, we could make a slight customization to process three sets of images for each product in the same way.

Have a look at wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/batchprocessimages -- then PM me if you are interested in using a customized version of this. Should be a very simple customization.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic